September 07, 2009

Melbourne Rain


One of the few wet days we have had this year. This photo was captured whilst sheltering from the rain on the steps of the Shrine of Remembrance in the city's botanical gardens. One moment the sun was shining and the next the sky had darkened and down came the rain in great pellets splashing on the ground before me. I raced up the steps keen to keep the rain off my new Olympus super zoom lens. I huddled against the stone wall as the rain was whipped up the steps by a cold southerly. And then the wind paused allowing me to take this shot.

Today there are spring showers. The sun shines through grey clouds and rain glistens on freshly washed leaves. Petals fall from newly budded flowers and there is jasmine lying on the ground. The scent of spring is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment