August 07, 2009

Architecture

Last night I attended the HP Cityscape 2020 Awards in Melbourne.  My love of architecture, particularly as a focus for my photography, is obvious and so it was with great interest and pleasure that I got to see tomorrow's architects articulate their ideas for Australia in 2020.  

Tom Morgan's entry, an almost apocalyptic view of the future saved by an ingenious take on recreation won and deservedly so.  All of the entrants put in so much work and demonstrated passion and commitment.  

A selection of my Melbourne series of photos was also on display on large screens around the room.  It was so cool to see them at such a large scale.

And I met Tom Kovac, an architect I have followed with interest over the past few years.  A great night all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment