July 26, 2009

Rock Chicks Released in UK


My latest book, Rock Chicks The Hottest Female Rockers from the 1960's to Now has just been released into the UK. Since its launch at the end of 2007 its been picked up by readers in the US, Germany, France, Italy, Australia and New Zealand. It was one of the coolest projects I've ever worked on and I am totally stoked that it is now selling in bookstores in the UK.

I'm asked all the time 'who is your favourite' rock chick. Out of the 27 chicks in the book, I'd have to say Patti Smith. She's one artist that has never compromised, never cared about what anyone else thinks of her art, and has always been true to herself. She's gutsy, tough, and doesn't like to be told no. And she's real. Stevie Nicks runs a pretty close second 'cos she's the embodiment of a rock star and has managed to hold onto that ethereal creature she introduced the world to with her hit Rhiannon. There are so many fantastic female musicians out there. I guess I'm just going to have to write a few more volumes to cover them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment